Forum Name: Meetings & Events
Forum Description: Upcoming meets and tie-ups
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=358691
Printed Date: 22 Sep 2019 at 5:21am

Topic: Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club
Posted By: Chuckie egg
Subject: Sky Skipper Reveal & UK-VAC Meet 2017@Arcade Club
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:56pm
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/uk-sky-skipper-reveal-ukvac-meet-arcade-club_topic358691_post1002343.html#1002343" rel="nofollow - http://www.ukvac.com/forum/uk-sky-skipper-reveal-ukvac-meet-arcade-club_topic358691_post1002343.html#1002343

Hi guys
Sorry for the delay in getting this sorted but had to get confirmation from everyone.
The plan is to reveal Sky skipper to the uk audience at replay Manchester 14th & 15th October
The reveal will be held on Saturday with me Whitney roberts,Olly cotton and John Jacobson from johns arcade.
You will be able to play sky skipper the unreleased game by Nintendo on original hardware.
Saturday evening will be party time at the Arcade club where you will get a few nibbles with your £15 entrance fee and get to chat to John and play some games.
This is a big thing for John to come to the uk and I know he is very excited to meet you all and chat about the uk scene and have a beer with you all.
I've been a fan of johns since he first did his video on the red tent vs system and have been following him ever since so would like to make it very special on his first visit to the uk arcade scene and welcome him into our community with open arms with a beer and a scotch egg,no more gas station eggs
Sunday I will be back at play Manchester where sky skipper will be on its last showing this year so make sure you get to play it.
Hope you all can show support for the community of Ukvac and attend this event.
Last year was a great successes let's make this one even bigger and better .
Many thanks
Alex

Last years Photo:

Many thanks to everyone who helped plan to make the meet such a success. It was great to chat and play the machines with such a nice group of folk.

I was thinking it might be nice to record who is who.
PM me numbers, UKVAC form name or real name or both (as you prefer) and I'll edit this post and compile a list (or let me know if you'd rather not be ID-ed).
I know some people had left by the time the photo was taken so I can add them to the list too.

1  Shaun "in your face" Holley          21 Chris "Muppz" Toseland
2  Steven "stegrey"                     22 Dom "Ravage" Escott
3  Caroline "Battlezone+1" Keay         23 Chad "chadsarcade" Gray
4  Danny "Forthmeister"                 24 Oli "Alpha1"
5  John "Battlezone" Keay               25 Dave "DaveO" Orton
6  Ian "ianski" Taylor                  26 Phil "Big Phil"
7  David "CharlieFar" Lyne              27 Tony "edget2000" Edge
8  Tony "Djrouge" Redman                28 Jonathan "Moomootown" Town
9  Nichola "Djnichola" Charlesworth     29 Graham Walker
10 Rich "Chunksin"                      30 G "fatapollo" Davison
11 Patrick "Anunaki"                    31 Dan "Danscu" Scudamore
12 ? Patrick's friend                   32 Darren "DZine" Hatton
13 Ian "Shun"                           33 Jim "iamjimmi"
14 Steven "Smraedis"               34 Ben "Purity"
15 James "tin" Tinmouth                 35 Jim "Baggers" Bagley
16 D "tronads" Hamilton                 36 Neil "neil1637" McEwan
17 Adrian "Ade" Purser                  37 Ross "SuperGoataku" Burnett
18 Chris "Fantazia2"                    38 Russ "Russ J" Jaques
19 Andy "u72"                           39 Iain "squidgy"
20 Alex "Chuckie egg"                   40 Phil "Philv85"

41 Chris "cNp" Parsons (behind the camera)
42 Stuart "funhouse"
43 + 44 Neil "Mitchell Gant" & his better half (apologies didn't catch your name)
45 Jase "Jase" Darrington
46 Brett "brettster"
47 + 48 Jonathan "JonathanClayton" Clayton & the boss.
49 Eric "Hurray Banana"
50 Gavin "edwoodjnr" Benson
51 Oliver "radfoo"

Replies:
Posted By: Brettster
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:58pm
This is awesome news :) will there be a separate sign up page for the meet or is it on this thread

-------------
Looking for More Space!!

Posted By: Sinisteve
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:59pm
Already booked tickets matey, can't wait gonna be a cracker!

Posted By: Sinisteve
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:59pm
How do we book the arcade club party?

Posted By: u72
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 9:53pm
i'll post details in this thread on Monday :)

-------------
Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

http://www.arcade-club.com" rel="nofollow - Arcade Club Home Page

Posted By: tin
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 10:52pm
Well I already planned to spend the Saturday at AC, and the Sunday at Play, so super bonus!! :)

-------------
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!

Posted By: edget2000
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:21pm
So who wants to share a taxi from Play Manchester to AC ?? me and cNp are going so who needs a lift??

Posted By: strykr
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:41pm
Sweet!

-------------
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder

Posted By: bonehead
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:28am
Defiantly up for this and booked it on the calendar so defiantly going.

Roll up October

-------------
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.

Posted By: Bensonrad
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:43am
I hope to come along to this, any sussex folks travelling up?

-------------
Wanted: ASTEROIDS or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.

Posted By: jiytee
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:52am
Man, a proper boys weekend, a few beers, great company and plenty gaming....and more gaming (not forgetting gaming!)

...and not a dancing girl to be seen Shocked

Sorry, I can make it this year lads, but I will have this penned in for next year defo....

Enjoy, yah bunch '0' lucky #########!

Posted By: Jase
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:19pm
John from John's Arcade? That's cool, would love to meet the guy, watching his uploads has been a routine of my Saturday mornings!

-------------
Astro Blaster, Track & Field, Asteroids Deluxe, Gyruss, Berzerk, Gorf, PacMan, Qix, Space Invaders part II, Moon Cresta, Moon Shuttle, Joust, Defender, Dig Dug, Tempest, Nintendo PC-10 (MAMEd)

Posted By: Shun
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:20pm
I've just asked my Wife and I'm allowed to go Thumbs Up Really looking forward to it. The UKVAC meet last year was great fun and it'll be my first time attending Replay.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:27pm
Is there a train station in Bury?  I am struggling to piece together a journey using public transport from London.

-------------
Wanted: ASTEROIDS or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

Is there a train station in Bury?  I am struggling to piece together a journey using public transport from London.

you can get a tram from manchester.... but if you are going to play I am gonna help alex by trying to organising a coach to get us all to AC in the evening... 

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by edget2000 edget2000 wrote:

you can get a tram from manchester.... but if you are going to play I am gonna help alex by trying to organising a coach to get us all to AC in the evening... 

Great idea!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:22pm

I will be just doing the Saturday day/evening event at Arcade Club, but would be travelling into Manchester, so need to get from there to arcade club, so would be up for joining any travel from there/Play.   Struggling to find hotels with twin beds in bury, just booked this for sat night, as Premier Inn is sold out.

Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel(Sat Night)

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:29pm

I will likely be just doing the evening event, but would be travelling into Manchester, so need to get from there to arcade club, so would be up for joining any travel from there/Play.   Struggling to find hotels with twin beds in bury, just booked this for sat night, as Premier Inn is sold out.
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel

So depending on which train station you arrive at but I think the tram to Bury is just outside of Piccadilly Station. Don't make the mistake I did last year and catch the bus as it takes over an hour to get to Bury..

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:32pm
The Bolholt is reasonable, and a £5 or so taxi away from AC AFAIR. I'm there sat PM too.

If you can't make the transport, there is a very regular tram that goes directly from Manchester Picc to Bury. Then 15 mins walk from there or another taxi to AC.

-------------
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!

Posted By: SuperGoataku
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:00pm
I'm in for this, i stayed at the Village just down the road from AC last meet, 10 minute walk to AC from the hotel. will probably try book in there again.
I will be driving from Play to AC, so if anyone wants a lift just ask.

Posted By: backflipper
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:16pm
I'm in. I just booked a twin room for Bonehead and myself at Premier Inn from Friday to Sunday. Works out at £35 per person per night.

They probably wont release a single night over a weekend until they are nearly at capacity.

Posted By: tronads
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:27pm
Premier foods ?

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by tronads tronads wrote:

Premier foods ?

A night in the food freezer amongst the pizza's

Posted By: backflipper
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:01pm
Man work on my mind! Premier Inn!

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:56pm
Good work, I'd tried the Premier Inn, but I think you had to book a stretch of days in a row and it was only offering up a double.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by backflipper backflipper wrote:

Man work on my mind! Premier Inn!
LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: Joker CK
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm
Perfect timing, as it's my birthday weekend and the wife has already given me permission to go up to Arcade Club whilst she looks after the little one It will be nice to meet my fellow UKVac collectors and put faces to names. Should be a great event.

Posted By: Gary07745
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 5:50pm
Wow this sounds a great weekend, I'm in for sure

-------------
wanted arcade cabinet
Looking for Original Full size centipede cab

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:01pm
UKVAC Annual meet 14th October - 15th October 2017

Right guys this is going to be one incredible weekend!
The UK Sky Skipper reveal has moved to AC... we also have the annual UKVAC meet all in one weekend!
John Jacobson (From Johns Arcade) will be coming to Arcade Club
and we'll also have over 300(!) working cabinets on the floor - which will be the largest Video Arcade ever to exist in the UK or Europe! supporting those cabs we have Pinball (20+ machines), PS4's, Xbox one's, Switches, top of the range PC's, classic consoles and computers and even a newly felted pool table :) - all these are of course completely free to play once your in Arcade Club.

Pre-booked tickets for UKVAC members are £15 or £25 for both days
I will be printing Name lanyards as we did last year (worked really well :))

Just send me an email and i'll send you payment details...
same email Address as last year : ukvacmeet@arcadeclub.co.uk

Once payment has been received your Forum name will be listed in this thread (as we did last year)
AC is going to be pretty busy this weekend anyone who has pre-booked is guaranteed to get in.

see you all soon,

Andy

P.S. We now have 3 Warlords tables, so we'll be holding a UKVAC Warlords Tournament with Cash Prizes ;)

PAID

EDGET2000 (2 Days)
DJROUGE (2 Days)
DJROUGE +1 (2 Days)
CHUNKSIN
BENSONRAD
THEMASTER
JOKERCK
JOKERCK +1
BRETTNICOL
BRETTNICOL +1
CNP
IAMJiMMI
JONATHANCLAYTON
JONATHANCLAYTON +1
SHUN
SINISTEVE (2 Days)
STEGREY
THESHADYGHOST
MATTY
RETRODAVENINTENDO
PORCHY
PORCHY +1
STRYKR
PAUL_IN_NOTTINGHAM
BONEHEAD (2 Days)
BACKFLIPPER (2 Days)
FLINNSTER (2 Days)
TRONADS
TIN
TIN +4
K1NGARTH3R
ADRIANPURSER (2 Days)
ADRIANPURSER +1 (2 Days)
SuperGoataku
RADFOO
RCANTOR77
MACRO (2 days)
CHARLIEFAR
DANSCU
RICHARD31337
RICHARD31337 +1
BASSINVADER
ONARETROTIP
ONARETROTIP +5
DOBBSIE
FANTAZIA2
MUDDYMUSIC (2 days)
MUDDYMUSIC +1
CALLINGALLNERDS
BIGDADDYC
JONTRON (2 days)
CHUCKIE EGG
CHUCKIE EGG +4
ACIDBURN
TOOTYUK
TOOTYUK +1
MR_PPP (2 days)
KOSMIKVECTOR
VECHUM
CHRISTOU
CHRISTOU +3
BLAZERFRAZER
BLAZERFRAZER +1
KMANSWEDEN
MOOMOOTOWN
VAMINO
JONHUGHES
JONHUGHES +1
SULLDABULL
CNP
SMARTY (2 days)
SMARTY +1 (2 days)
NEIL1637
D-ZINE
SQUIDGY
SQUIDGY +1
LESOLEIL70 (2 days)
FROTHMEISTER
FROTHMEISTER +1
IANSKI
BULLY
MUPPZ
ONEPUNCHROB
CHADSARCADE
CHADSARCADE +1
RUSSJ
NES4Life
SPRINT
ZIPPER
RETROHUNTER
TACTICAL GENIUS
TACTICAL GENIUS +1
OCB
HARRYBO77
LESDAWSONSLOVECHILD

LAST FEW EMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT
ONCE I GET TO 120 THATS PRETTY MUCH IT...
ITS PLAY WEEKEND/JOHNS ARCADE VISIT/SKY SKIPPER
AND IT'S GOING TO BE BUSY...

If you don't have a ticket and wish to visit you are welcome,
but you may have to wait to gain entry - we have a third floor (shh..)
that isn't 'ready' but I can sort a few machines out and some seating
just incase it's raining :)

106 Peeps... 

if you've paid but are not listed above
please send an email to ukvacmeet@arcadeclub.co.uk
and i'll sift through my shooting gallery of a PayPal account :D

Places to stay near Arcade Club :)

HOTELS NEAR ARCADE CLUB

PREMIER INN - 5 DUKE STREET, BURY BL9 0EJ - 0871 527 9294

http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/greater-manchester/manchester/manchester-bury.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hot...

TRAVEL LODGE - ROUTE 66 LEISURE PARK, PILSWORTH ROAD, BURY - BL9 8RS - 0871 984 6302

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.travelodge.co.uk%2Fhotels%2F297%2FBury-hotel&h=ATPAzWyvZGT6WbVet7Fqy77AKOOx_6nEs_v90uhSBylXU9j7vsdIbCLTf0jNf2mWgGN5EROPsNpw9qQifANY5RSQYxfiYrWx8y_FhZ4bCRD4WjiunrYCCTPG0c8shYyI-rdHUbXZOLslcWo&s=1" rel="nofollow - https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels...?

VILLAGE HOTEL - WATERFORD BUSINESS PARK - ROCHDALE RD. BURY BL9 7BQ - 0161 674 0145

https://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hotels/manchester-bury/" rel="nofollow - https://www.village-hotels.co.uk/ho...?

OTHER HOTELS

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fuk.hotels.com%2Fde555384%2Fhotels-bury-united-kingdom%2F&h=ATMzvX_6ACHgLlIY2D6dqBogvuDlkJiyXI6UOemMPYwmFns3UFq3nQ1Pq1OByGEs14sEZ3sJh6bQe2LyLhQTkFG1C59k5ovOFXFZxJPUhDRW6zydWu6AiNEbJuGIjlLYSJ3XQoZesnLqkFE&s=1" rel="nofollow - https://uk.hotels.com/de555384/hote...

BY CAR

If arriving via motorway you’ll want to exit the M66 at junction 2 towards Bury, then keep right and head up Wash Lane. At the first set of lights, take a left on to Heywood Street and you’ll see a small road immediately to the right. That’s Cork Street. Head through the gate at the end and you’ve arrived at Ela Mill. We have a spacious car park with overflow for the busier days. If you’re arriving via Bury, or any route which takes you down Rochdale Road (A58), then you can continue to the junction of Rochdale Road and Heywood Street and head North with Cork Street on your left just before the lights.

BY RAIL

Both train and tram (Metrolink) routes use the Bury Interchange, with direct routes from Manchester and other nearby towns. The Metrolink Bury line terminates there presenting one of the simplest routes from Manchester and other connecting lines. A walk from the station to Arcade Club is just 1 mile (20mins).

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Bury+Interchange,+Bury+BL9+0AF/Arcade+Club,+Cork+St,+Bury+BL9+7BW/@53.5940262,-2.2948594,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x487ba4ddcd64975d:0x5c599dd6e4920f0a!2m2!1d-2.2973348!2d53.5910778!1m5!1m1!1s0x487ba4d1c844a42d:0x2b9d56952d7947e2!2m2!1d-2.2836975!2d53.5948218!3e2" rel="nofollow - Walking Directions: Bury Interchange to Arcade Club

BY AIR

We love to welcome visitors from even further away! Manchester Airport provides comprehensive transport links in to Manchester City Centre. From there you can travel by rail or taxi to arrive at Arcade Club. Please contact us in advance of travel if you’d like any further advice such as where to stay.

-------------

Posted By: JohnBud
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:16pm
any local hotels got a late licence ??? has the premier got a bar ???

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by JohnBud JohnBud wrote:

any local hotels got a late licence ??? has the premier got a bar ???

we'll be open very late ;)

-------------

Posted By: JohnBud
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:48pm
good man Hug

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:50pm
*****Trying to Gauge interest in Hiring a coach to get us from Play to AC on saturday night***** 

A number of us are staying in hotels around the Play event on the saturday night and I was wondering if its worth organising a mini-bus/coach depending on numbers to Arcade Club and back... I've had a few quotes from companies and they are a bit more than I expected but might work out cheaper than getting 4 into a taxi there and back. So i'm just putting the proverbial finger in the air to see if its worth the effort. I don't mind sorting as Alex and Andy will have enough on there plates that weekend.

PS ... I'm stopping over on Friday night as well so if anyone else is about and wants to hit AC early let me know Big smile

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by edget2000 edget2000 wrote:

*****Trying to Gauge interest in Hiring a coach to get us from Play to AC on saturday night***** 

A number of us are staying in hotels around the Play event on the saturday night and I was wondering if its worth organising a mini-bus/coach depending on numbers to Arcade Club and back... I've had a few quotes from companies and they are a bit more than I expected but might work out cheaper than getting 4 into a taxi there and back. So i'm just putting the proverbial finger in the air to see if its worth the effort. I don't mind sorting as Alex and Andy will have enough on there plates that weekend.

PS ... I'm stopping over on Friday night as well so if anyone else is about and wants to hit AC early let me know Big smile

perhaps an uber/car share thread? - split 3/4 ways it shouldn't be too bad...

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:59pm
Email sent for 2 tickets.

If anyone from Sussex or London is going, let me know as happy to pay towards petrol etc if you want to give me a lift. 

-------------

Posted By: jonhughes
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:18pm
Village Inn booked for Saturday 14th, I'm going. This always landed on the half term break when we  were headed for sunnier destinations.

Posted By: Russ J
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:40pm
Well i no i'll be going to both...it'd be rude not to

-------------
Cabs...

Atari Starwars
Robotron (Euro scratch build)
Defender (scratch build)

Posted By: stegrey
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:57pm
i dont know what day to go the sat or sun :/ will the sat be the main day with john going? :)

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:39pm
Is it possible to bring along a non-Vac member? I'm stopping at a friend's house and he wants to come along to Arcade Club too so would feel bad if I abandon him. Plus I don't want to jeopardise my free nights accommodation!

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Joker CK Joker CK wrote:

Is it possible to bring along a non-Vac member? I'm stopping at a friend's house and he wants to come along to Arcade Club too so would feel bad if I abandon him. Plus I don't want to jeopardise my free nights accommodation!

Any non vac members must be able to 1cc Taito's Football champ to gain entry......

-------------

Posted By: Flinnster
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:30pm
I'm up for this, and yeah jumping in on any combined coach / travel stuff between venues would be cool.
Cheers Andy for posting up all the hotel info and stuff Thumbs Up

I'll probably just drive from daaan saaf, so will have spare seats if anyone can tolerate my arcade driving on real motorways (nope I have no plans to lug any Dinos around on this one!)

-------------

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:31pm

I'm in a similar situation. I think I'll just abandon him, or pay for the room at his house with beer Big smile

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by strykr strykr wrote:

Any non vac members must be able to 1cc Taito's Football champ to gain entry......

Ha, I would just get him to sign up and get hooked, obviously Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 10:16am
I may just get him to sign up then. He lived in the U.S.for a few years and is hoping to move back so imagine the cabs he'd have access to once he's there! I'll get him hooked and have him as a contact for my own arcade needs! Mwahahahaha!    

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:45pm

+1's are fine :) just don't leave it too late - there were 80+ Vac members and extra's last time!

-------------

Posted By: ianski
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:54pm
Would love to go to this... was great last year and tying it in with the Expo & meeting John would be an amazing weekend. It's all sounding very expensive though and I have holidays to consider this year so might not be able to make it but that might change.

-------------
My cabs: Track and Field, Mr.Do, Pacmania, Space Ace, Gorf, Jungle King, Astron Belt, Gyruss, OutRun, Frogger, Defender, Return of the Jedi.

Posted By: jiytee
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 3:23pm
Nice to see sympathy runs in my family Cry
I've been bemoaning constantly at the wife 'cos I cant make this event (its not even her fault - double booked elsewhere!)

I think when she printed this off and left it taped to my arcade machine it was her way of saying ENOUGH Shocked

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:53pm
Come on ianski, do your best as you will have so much fun. Maybe myself and Backflipper could trade you for cash!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:06pm
Come on Andy, take my money, I wanna pay for my tickets now, while I have some cash. haha

Now sorted: email had come through while on my way home from work.

-------------

Posted By: iamjimmi
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:22pm
If anyone wants to keep the costs down I can offer a couple of rooms.

I live in Leeds about 50 miles away from Play, but I will be driving over on the Saturday for Play, then going to AC for the meet and then probably back to Play again on the Sunday.

So logistically - you need to be able to get to Leeds on Friday eve or early Saturday morning, or I can meet you at Play on the Saturday and drop you back off at Play on the Sunday...

Posted By: Djrouge
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:33pm
The missus and I booked Trafford Centre North Premier Inn for Saturday night and have paid for play expo and arcade club both saturday and sunday. We'll be back and forth between the two venues over the weekend trying not to miss anything.

Happy to share Taxis to spread the cost. Super excited to get back to AC and see everyone again for the meet!

-------------
https://twitter.com/Djrougeuk
http://www.djrouge.co.uk
https://www.twitch.tv/djrougeuk

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 12:45pm
UKVAC Meet post updated with people who have booked 

DIRECT LINK TO POST (If a Mod could move/paste this post to the top of the first page i'd be grateful :)
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/uk-sky-skipper-reveal-ukvac-meet-arcade-club_topic358691_post1002343.html#1002343" rel="nofollow - http://www.ukvac.com/forum/uk-sky-skipper-reveal-ukvac-meet-arcade-club_topic358691_post1002343.html#1002343

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:50pm
Booked and Paid, see you all there :)

-------------
Looking for More Space!!

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

I'll probably just drive from daaan saaf, so will have spare seats if anyone can tolerate my arcade driving on real motorways

I would be keen on hitching a lift, I've sent you a message.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:26pm
And replied Thumbs Up
I'll see what we can sort out Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 4:07pm
All booked. Looking forward to meeting everyone

Posted By: virtvic
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:35pm
I'll be going to, to support my UK and US mates.

Will be stopping with the biscuit Baron in Blackburn.

-------------
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!

Posted By: Chunksin
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:40pm
Ticket and hotel booked Can't wait for this!

Posted By: Anunaki
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 7:42pm
I can't make it this year

Next time gadget.....

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:24pm
UKVAC Meet post updated with people who have booked 

DIRECT LINK TO POST (If a Mod could move/paste this post to the top of the first page i'd be grateful :)

-------------

Posted By: muddymusic
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:28pm
Stuck the link to the first post now.

It looks like I'm finally gonna make it to Arcade Club! Hurrah!

-------------
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:38pm
Heads up anyone wanting to travel from London/South, Virgin Train sale has just started, tickets from £5!  Just booked myself a return from London Euston to Manchester Picadilly for £22.

Outward - Saturday 14th October 2017
11:00
London Euston
13:04
Manchester Piccadilly 

Return - Sunday 15th October 2017

11:15
Manchester Piccadilly
13:28
London Euston

Should anyone want to join me on that fun journey with a beer can or two, I'll be in Coach B :)

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/" rel="nofollow - https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:47pm
Oh you are sorted then! Cool :)

-------------

Posted By: JonathanClayton
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:02pm
Money paid to Andy! Just need to sort Play tickets now

-------------
mynintendoarcade.com

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:37pm
Tickets booked and paid for Play and Arcade Club. Happy to share a taxi with someone between Play and AC on the Saturday to spread the cost.

Also, happy to give anyone a lift to Manchester on Saturday and back on Sunday if they are located in the Staffordshire area.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:36pm
This post needs pinning to top and renaming to     >>>  UK-VAC Annual Meet 2017 at Arcade Club

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:42pm
Payment sent for the saturday:
Stegrey
TheShadyGhost
+1 Matty

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by stegrey stegrey wrote:

Payment sent for the saturday:
Stegrey
TheShadyGhost
+1 Matty

already updated ;)

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:46pm
cheers andy i will message muddy see if he can change the post

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 12:48pm
If anyone wants to register their interest for discounted Play tickets, pop over to http://www.ukvac.com/forum/group-buy-play-expo-manchester-tickets_topic358780.html" rel="nofollow - Discount Clicky before the 1st August.

Posted By: RetroDave Nintendo
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 5:37pm
Andy, email sent last requesting payment info for the 14th :)
Cheers, Dave

Posted By: Paul_in_nottingham
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:00pm
Booked!!

My plan is to drive to Play Expo Saturday then onwards to the Best Western Bolholt, drop car off and a Taxi from there to Arcade Club!

If anyone needs a lift from Play Expo to Bolholt and an onwards taxi, happy to share the free space in my car.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 9:54pm
i'll update this tomorrow (Tuesday) ran out of time today :/

-------------

Posted By: Arch
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 11:22am
Norway will represent! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Arch Arch wrote:

Norway will represent! Thumbs Up

Nice one arch! Smile

Can you stick your arkanoid in the hold for me Approve

-------------

Posted By: tronads
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:36pm
Finally got round to sending payment. Looking forward to this. Last year was great.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by tronads tronads wrote:

Finally got round to sending payment. Looking forward to this. Last year was great.

Thank you :) i'll update later :)

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:22pm
Just booked into Village, way more expensive than last year! 
But i know the route and can stagger back in 5 minutes from AC.
Email sent Andy, forgot to mention i'll be there both days, as i'll probably do Play on the Saturday then, AC on Sat night and Sunday.
Be so nice to meet new folk and the usual crowd too. DjRouge i will find you this time!
Cheers,
Ross

Posted By: K1ngarth3r
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:30pm
I'll be there on the Saturday, e-mail sent waiting to pay :)

-------------
Check me out on https://www.instagram.com/k1ngarth3r/" rel="nofollow - Instagram

Posted By: RetroDave Nintendo
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by K1ngarth3r K1ngarth3r wrote:

Look forward to catching up with you there again Tom

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by RetroDave Nintendo RetroDave Nintendo wrote:

Originally posted by K1ngarth3r K1ngarth3r wrote:

Look forward to catching up with you there again Tom

Yes definitely Dave, I better get practising on Track n Field now Smile

-------------
Check me out on https://www.instagram.com/k1ngarth3r/" rel="nofollow - Instagram

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:35pm
Come on guys let's get your tickets booked for the ukvac meet.

Going to be brilliant.

Don't delay do it today.

-------------

Posted By: radfoo
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 1:31pm
Was good last year so plan to go again, looking forward to it.
Emailed a week ago but not received a reply yet. 

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:53pm
Hi Andy.
I have paid for the two days, but alas am missing form the list. 
Don't want to get denied entry on the door!, can you check you have accepted my payment, paid 17/07
An RGDS podcast buddy might be coming along too if thats cool, he's on AO, so have told him to join here too. I'll find out first if he is definitely intending to come.
Cheers,
Ross

Posted By: Fantazia2
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by radfoo radfoo wrote:

Was good last year so plan to go again, looking forward to it.
Emailed a week ago but not received a reply yet. 

I emailed on Monday evening and haven't heard back yet, guessing it might be checked over the weekend.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:19pm
updated and emails sent - I check it every few days - plenty of time yet ;) - thanks guys :)

-------------

Posted By: radfoo
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 9:55am
Just paid up, going to be good. Thank you.

Posted By: Rave
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 8:19am
Looking forward to this! :)

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 12:27pm
Me too, although I'm starting to feel a cheeky interim visit is called for :)

-------------

Posted By: KmanSweden
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:30pm
Ticket to Manchester sorted. :D

Posted By: Chuckie egg
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:54am
Hi guys
There has been a change of plan for the sky skipper reveal.
Due to logistics and time I've decided to do the reveal Saturday evening at the Arcade club instead of play Manchester.
I am so so sorry for those of you that have bought tickets for replay Manchester on the assumption that it will be there but I've had to do this.
Me whitney and John will still be at play Manchester in the day but I think it's better for Sky skipper to be revealed at the arcade club.
This will be a party for all Ukvacers where we can chat drink and enjoy the atmosphere amongst friends.
Again I am really sorry if I've messed anyone around but this could not be avoided.
It's going to be a great night
Look forward to seeing you all
My apologies
Alex

Posted By: rcantor77
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:22am
I was planning to do both anyway so I look forward to seeing everybody there... :-)

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:33am
Me too. I was doing both venues in the same day will be cool.
Roll on October.

-------------

Posted By: JonTron
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 9:24am
Was also planning on doing both Play and AC so this works for me. Email sent for place at AC meet. Planning on getting to the AC for Friday evening since im travelling from Berkshire. This will be my 1st ukvac meet so really looking forward to it.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 12:18pm
Thats great news, will it be available for playing on too?

-------------
Looking for More Space!!

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:01pm
Hope you are not too disappointed Alex but at least you the know the guys witnessing the reveal will be the guys who really appreciate the effort and work behind the project.

Really looking forward to the meet and can't wait to see Sky Skipper...

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:07pm
Great stuff, I was gutted to be missing out on the UK reveal as only going to AC, so now super excited to be at the unveiling :)

-------------

Posted By: KmanSweden
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:13pm
Wow. This will be fantastic.

Posted By: aeroflott
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by iamjimmi iamjimmi wrote:

at least you the know the guys witnessing the reveal will be the guys who really appreciate the effort and work behind the project.

Agree with this. Feels like a better solution anyway. Looking forward to the event Alex.

-------------
http://www.arcadeblogger.com" rel="nofollow - arcadeblogger.com

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:28pm

Great stuff, I was gutted to be missing out on the UK reveal as only going to AC, so now super excited to be at the unveiling :)

Ditto

-------------

Print Page | Close Window